Our client is one of the UK’s leading construction consultancies providing project management, cost consultancy and other specialist surveying services in support of a wide variety of schemes.
As an independent consultancy, established more than 30 years ago, this company stands out from the crowd by only employing experienced, senior staff to work alongside clients for the full life cycle of a project. They pride themselves on delivering innovative, exciting and award winning buildings, and their collaboration with both established and emerging architects on ambitious and complex projects puts them at the leading edge of our industry.
They offer employees’ a competitive benefits package and supported continuous professional development within an open and collegiate professional environment.
We are looking for an experienced (at least 5-6 years post graduate), commercially minded PM. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is motivated, ambitious and “hungry” to push their career forward within a business where people have the confidence to work independently, be creative, and consistently deliver excellence.
You will have a proven track record of outstanding results gained in private practice (or equivalent) which demonstrates the general breadth of experience you hold, including large office, high-end resi and gallery projects (experience should not be predominantly PFI or public sector). This must include an emphasis on recent central London based work. Ideally, you will have already had some experience of working within our existing network of clients and fellow consultants, and you will hold (or be working towards) industry recognised qualifications such as RICS, MCIOB or MAPM.
A natural project leader, your work to date will have given you the knowledge, skills and confidence required to carry out ALL aspects of pre and post contract duties, and you will be able to apply your commercial awareness and solid judgement to each step of the process. You will have a good knowledge of the building development process alongside construction programming skills. In addition you will:
- Have strong communication (both written and verbal) skills and an interpersonal style that enables you to flourish in a direct client facing role
- Be able to chair meetings and have the leadership skills needed to lead a design team, which may sometimes include managing conflict and resolving complex issues
- Have exceptional planning and organising skills, with strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritise effectively and manage multiple demands
- Be able to work independently, make sensible judgements and decisions, and take responsibility for doing whatever it takes to get the job done
- Demonstrate the drive and ambition needed to develop the business, alongside loyalty and a willingness to actively contribute to the growth of the business
Salary dependant on a number of varibles – to £70,000 base