Senior Project Manager
I am looking for a senior project manager with experience working as a project management consultant in the datacentres sector.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing international consultancy who specialise in datacentres.
This role would suit consultancy project managers with or without datacentre experience who are looking for a new challenge and want to work in this lucrative domain.
In the role, you will be accountable for local delivery support of a low number of projects with reasonable complexity up to €150m in value – to budget, quality and time metrics. You will be responsible for setting project delivery approach and plan in consultation with key stakeholders to deliver against local processes, codes and permits and will be responsible for establishing project delivery plans and appropriate control mechanisms to assure delivery.
The role will involve:
– Overseeing an agreed scope of work and/or the operational workload of a team or contractors; ensuring allocated work is completed/resources are fully utilised in order to deliver against an agreed programme of work
– Working within established financial systems to independently produce plans and schedules and track and manage budgets, highlighting variances in order to manage and control project delivery targets
– Providing project management support to a small number of large scale projects or programmes of work, ensuring appropriate use of resources and budgets to deliver the required scope of work within set deadlines
– Presenting any project risks or issues to senior managers to ensure the project is not adversely impacted, and ensure the delivery of projects to compliant standards
– Providing advice to colleagues surrounding behaviours, to ensure adherence to internal and external compliance processes
– Analysing and review a range of data to identify key existing and emerging themes and trends. Use own and others’ analysis to provide recommendations that support project decision-making
– Using own knowledge and experience of industry best practice and local code/approach to review and analyse project processes and policies, providing insightful recommendations that support senior management to improve processes and systems
– Interacting effectively and proactively across the organisation, seeking to develop ways to support collaboration and ensure projects/programmes can be delivered to meet internal customer expectations
– Advising senior management on issues relating to own project, providing subject matter advice in order to support successful delivery in line with project objectives and strategies
– Liaising and collaborate with clients and stakeholders, in order to ensure all parties are informed and aware of project progress and expectations
Applicants should have:
– Relevant experience of the VOB contract suite, local permitting procedures and delivery codes
– Project management experience of data centres or similar (Process industry, manufacturing industry, pharma or industrial)
– Commercial acumen and the ability to manage relationships with external stakeholders
– Expert’ level expertise in project management
– Knowledge of own area managed and an understanding of wider programme and business
– Experience in managing business relationships at senior-management level
– Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
– Relevant professional qualification or chartered status