Industrial and Logistics Senior Project Manager
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the strongest project management divisions in the construction consultancy market.
This is a sector focused business actively operating and investing in commercial, residential, industrial and logistics, manufacturing, education, datacentres, mixed use, infrastructure, retail and healthcare clients and projects. The project managers work closely with clients, advising them on legal, procurement, programme, statutory, risk, technical and financial matters that arise during the project.
The project management team in the business has grown considerably over the past few years and their staff retention rate is excellent due on ongoing commitment to provide staff with a rewarding and enjoyable career.
The industrial and logistics team has an enviable client base working across new build, refurbishment, extension and fit out projects.
Overview of Role:
We are currently recruiting a senior project manager with industrial and logistics contracting / consultancy experience to join a client focused team within the London office to help develop and drive our industrial capability and reputation in the market, working on high profile projects throughout London and the South East for developer and end users. This is an exciting opportunity for a high calibre individual to join and strengthen the team, working on a range of projects including new build, extensions, refurbishment and fit out projects. This role presents an excellent opportunity for a proactive individual to take responsibility for providing all services relating to project management in the sector.
– To lead and oversee the successful delivery of industrial projects with a view to securing repeat business.
– Regular reporting to clients and internal client teams
– Proactive management of multi-disciplinary internal and external teams
– Contract administration (which requires a good understanding of building contracts – JCT & NEC)
– Implementation and management of a change control process
– Coordination of the testing and commissioning process prior to handover
– To assist Associates in the management of the Industrial project management team including line management duties where applicable
– To support development of targeted marketing material, bid documents, capability statements and attend networking events relating to the Industrial sector.
– To assist in developing a pipeline of Industrial sector opportunities.
– To support in the development of fee proposals and responses to RFPs
– To participate in business development activities where required
– To attend Client interviews as required to secure work
– To support business objectives of delivering value for money in all circumstances
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in a industrial sector consultancy environment and demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
– Qualifications – Degree level
– Chartership – Professional (chartered) qualification (MRICS, MAPM ChPP or MCIOB)
– Technical – Understands technical aspects of project delivery from inception to post-completion and is able to identify and promote solutions. Can support on contractual matters and procurement routes to clients
– Managerial – Ability to manage a project from inception to post completion with senior management support, obtaining positive written client feedback
– Behaviours – Recognised as a positive, collaborator who shares knowledge freely and offers support to his/her peers and seniors. Recognised as a team player within a project environment with a strong willingness to learn
– Experience – Lead Project Manager for Industrial projects (Client, Contracting or Consultancy side) (New Build, Extension & Refurbishment) (£5m+)
– Construction related degree or a similar construction related qualification with wide-ranging technical delivery experience in a similar role gained within a consultancy or end user client
– 5+ years experience in delivering Industrial projects, including project(s) as the lead project manager either as a consultant or client side project manager
– Experience managing Industrial projects across the design, tender and construction stages
– Ability to identify potential opportunities to secure more business for the business
– Well organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute
– Excellent communication and presentation skills both written and verbal
– Can quickly acclimatise to a new projects and take ownership to drive the project forward with the support of senior management
– Excellent customer service, communication and client/external interface skills
– A track record of working with teams and managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering to deadlines
– A team player with a ‘can do’ attitude, outgoing, polite, patient, diplomatic, personable and flexible
– Proven track record on industrial construction projects as a consultant project manager to time, cost and quality
If this sounds like you please do get in touch!